Thursday, October 23, 2008

AH HA Moment!!!

Ok, so we have been going through this Share Jesus Without Fear course on Sunday nights at EASTWOOD BAPTIST CHURCH! Let me tell you, it is pretty amazing! But for me, I think the biggest reason why I haven't shared Jesus with too many people is because I wasn't really clear on my own personal testimony. So... I have been praying about it and God has revealed some truths in my life... which are painful but YAY, I now know why they happened to me! I finally had an AH HA moment!!! Praise the Lord!
So... a lot of things in my past were crazy but my Dad was my best friend, he was everything to me! For example... my mom loved chinese food, dad hated so me... well I hated it of course even though I had know clue what it tasted like! haha I know that is a dumb example but if my dad said it.. I did it no questions! I thought it was amazing until December of 2003 when my dad went to prison! (Long story, tons of details that I will share with anyone who wants to hear them!)
The thing that God has really revealed to me in the last few days is how amazing my mom is and how strong her faith has always been! Last night at the Gathering, Jeff was talking about 3 types of faith: dead, demonic and dynamic! (James 2:14-26) My moms faith was soooo dynamic that it brought me to Christ at the age of 19.
Now, I had been baptized at the age of 8, was brought up in church my whole entire life but I had NO CLUE!!!! I thank the Lord daily for my mom and my husband who were the only 2 people who were there for me and encouraged me through my huge TRIAL in my life! I am so blessed to have both of them in my life and I am so greatful that the Lord revealed himself to me through each one of them. Through their works, actions and just dynamic faith!
So they were the faithful servants who never lost sight of the Lord and saved my life! So.... Who are the faithful servants in your life?

No comments: