Tuesday, October 28, 2008

God is AWESOME!!!

Ok, So we are still working on this Share Jesus Without Fear course, which is super exciting!!! So... me being the shy one that I really am deep down has always sat back and admired how the Lord is working through Benny and actually almost felt like it was sufficent for my work for the Lord also! (ok, that is really bad but hey! I am trying to be honest here!)
But this last week, I decided ok... I am going to try it and just see what happens! Now, I always send text messages to people just to check in or to send encouraging Bible verses which has been an encouragement to see how the Lord is working! So, as usual I just sent a text message to a couple people I haven't seen at church lately just to check in, see if there was anything they needed.. etc. and YAY!!!! One of them showed up for Sunday school this past week and she said the whole lesson was about her! (Isn't it funny how God does that when you haven't been in His Word and his presence for a while?!?!?) So yay! I was encouraged by that because just by saying hey how are you we missed you... The Lord used it for his glory!!!
The other thing I did was I went up to the church Friday afternoon and picked up some flyers for the hispanic event that was going on Saturday evening! I was able to pass out a few around the house and guess what?!?!?!? two families actually came!!!! wooo hooo! So I am very encouraged because it was the very last flyer I handed out and I had actually passed by the lady thinking... oh its hopeless but the Holy Spirit told me TURN AROUND AND GO TALK TO HER! So.... I did it and YAY!!! They were the ones who came!! It was two couples with 4 beautiful kids that actually go to school with Keiston and Gator!!!
Which brings me to today! I am going to stop by the church and get some fall festival flyers to pass out around the house and at Keiston's soccer practice tonight!! I am sooo excited to see how the Lord is going to use this outreach to build up the kingdom!!!!
Just a quick plug by the way, Eastwood is on 11th and Mingo and this Friday October 31st we are having a fall festival from 6:30 to 8:30 free food, games and candy for the kids!!! Come join us and stay warm!!!

1 comment:

laura said...

That is so awesome!