Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The close of 2008

As I think about this year coming to an end I can sum the entire year up in one word..... GREATFUL!!!!
Wow, we have been so blessed over the last year to just really start life a new. An amazing church family who is there for us, Benny's new job which has been a blessing in so many different ways..... wow!!! yeah we are so blessed and the Lord just provided, not only for us but he has really provided for us so that we could reach out to other people! Now I have to be honest, I hated EVERY second of it when we had people living with us but hey, their lives have been changed and if we wouldn't have accepted them, who knows where they would be right now!!! So praise the Lord for my husband who is looking to serve the Lord in every single step he takes!!!
We have not only been blessed with our church family at Eastwood but we were able to meet Laura and Eric through soccer which was a blessing and made the soccer season a little more enjoyable!!! We have met a lot of new brothers and sisters in Christ through celebrate recovery and have been able to reach out to them in different ways over the past 6 months or so!

The Lord has just really opened my eyes to see that all the crap, the trials , the hurts and the mistakes I have made in my life are MY TESTIMONY!!! and I am finally understanding that being open and willing to share that with other people is POWERFUL! People are more willing to listen if you can tell them how God has SAVED YOU than if your just telling them they should do it because the Bible says! I am so greatful for my family, my friends and my amazing husband who is a servant of the Lord and an amazing leader for our family!! I thank God for him every day, he is a blessing to us!! :) He is not ashamed of anything he has been through and wow..... its pretty awesome to just be able to watch the holy spirit work through him to reach out to people!!!


We are blessed and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us in 2009!!! I pray that his will be done in our lives and yours as well!

Happy New Year and God Bless You!! :)

2 comments:

Page said...

What a powerful testimony, Hannah. How giving of your family to reach out to help others. You never know who may be going through some of the same trials and difficulties that you have been through. And sharing what Jesus has done for you, may be just what they need to hear to give them hope.

God bless you and your family in 2009! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I am so blessed to have gotten to know you and your family! It's amazing what God has done for us!