Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

I am thankful today for my family! Thanksgiving is usually a hard time of year for me because my dads birthday is November 25th, so right around thanksgiving every year and for the last 4 years I have not had a thanksgiving with him. Originally it was because he was in prison and now.... well I won't go there! But last night at praise and prayer I was really convicted about all the bitterness I feel towards my dad and God just really spoke to me and showed me that without him I would not be where I am now, so for my dad I am truly thankful!
I am thankful for his love and support all throughout my childhood! My dad was my best friend and really made me a competitor but one that kept my priorities straight! He kept me in line, since he coached the football team in high school, he would always bribe his players so they would keep an eye on me! (thanks dad) He did EVERYTHING for me and for a good 10 years of my life I was an only child and he totally spoiled me rotten! I am very thankful for my dads love and friendship! I am thankful that he was there for me when I REALLY needed him and I pray that he can do the same for his new baby girl.
I am also soooo thankful for my hubby! He is amazing, He is my only friend that stuck right by my side throughout my dad going to prison and all of the drama that entailed! All of my other "friends" disowned me! But hey I am so thankful that the Lord allowed us to have a strong relationship to overcome many obstacles that have come our way and many more to come! I praise the Lord that he made Benny just for me and we have 3 amazing boys! I love you babe!!!
I am very thankful for my kiddos! They teach me something and encourage me to grow daily because they are doing the same!!!! They have their dads personality and love for everyone! I have to brag on my hubby again real quick, whenever we see someone stopped on the side of ther road or even in a parking lot, my kids are always like I think they need help! They are very observant and very willing to help someone in need because that is the amazing example Benny has set for them!
Finally I am thankful for my church family!!!! God is really moving and showing himself to us as a church family and if we are the body we have to keep our arms reaching, our hands healing and our words teaching! Pastor Gordon is a great encouragement, not only with his messages on evangelism but by his actions as well! We have some true servants of the Lord at Eastwood and I am so thankful for that! :)
Thank you father that you are who you are, you are who you have always been, who you will always be. Thank you for our body of Christ at eastwood, in our family, in tulsa, in the united states and in the world. I praise you today and give you all the glory for the many blessings in our lives! I thank you for choosing me, a sinner, to live for you and to share the good news of your son! I thank you for the most amazing sacrifice! Lord help me to keep my eyes, heart and mind open to the small sacrifices I can make to share your love with others! Lord I thank you for all the people you have put in our path and those who will be in the path tomorrow! Lord give me the strength and the confidence to step out on faith and allow your holy spirit to speak through me! thank you father for your unconditional love that saves me from my sins! In your sons Precious name , AMEN!

1 comment:

heidi said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!